Prolong® Battery Discharger User Guide
Prolong Battery Discharger Operating Instructions
The Prolong Battery Discharger is very simple to use. For best results, follow these easy instructions:
1) Charge the hybrid battery with your Prolong Battery Charger until the battery voltage levels off & stops rising, then for an additional 4-6 hours.
2) Disconnect the Prolong Battery Charger from the vehicle car harness and connect the Prolong Battery Discharger.
3) Plug the Prolong Battery Discharger into AC power and power it on.
4) Press the button for the desired discharge termination voltage. (Be sure to fully charge the pack between each discharge cycle).
The Prolong Battery Discharger will begin the discharge process and safely drain the battery until the discharge termination voltage is reached. The amp meter will display the current being drawn from the battery during the discharge process. When the discharge is complete the idle light will come on, the discharging light will change from steady to flashing, and the alert buzzer will sound*.
5) After the discharge is complete, reconnect your Prolong Battery Charger and charge the battery again until the voltage levels off and stops rising. We recommend allowing the Prolong Battery Charger to run for 4-6 hours after the voltage stops rising to top balance the battery cells.
*NOTE: The battery voltage will 'rebound' or rise after the discharge process is complete. This is normal and expected.
Discharge Termination Voltage Table:
Recommended vehicle specific discharge termination voltage:
|Single Cell||99-03 Prius||04-15 Prius||06-15 Camry Hybrid||
03-05 Civic Hybrid
05-07 Accord Hybrid
|06-11 Civic Hybrid||
06-13 Highlander Hybrid
Chevy Silverado/ Tahoe Hybrid
|Number of cells in battery pack||One||228||168||204||120||132||84||240|
Turn buzzer on and off:
While the Prolong Discharger is in idle mode hold the stop/reset button for five seconds.
Data Logging Instructions:
Maximum ambient temperature: 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius)
PROLONG DISCHARGER INPUT:
AC INPUT: 88-264VAC; 47-63Hz
0-360VDC, 1.5A (depending on version)
1: 12VDC, 2.9A
2: 0-540 W